Founded in 2013, Five P Venture Pvt. Ltd. aims to protect, preserve and promote the handloom textile weaving heritage of Chennimalai in Southern India.
Chennimalai, a small town near Erode, Tamil Nadu, was once well known for its highly skilled weavers. Today, this town is witnessing a steady decline in the number of weavers due to the intervention of power looms, uneven economic development and sociocultural factors that have slowly suffocated the ecosystem in which this traditional practice once flourished.
Our main fabric categories are as follows:
- CLASSIC – Natural cotton and linen of varied counts
- ORGANIC – GOTS certified hand-woven cotton fabric
- NATURAL DYED – Beautiful hues of naturally dyed hand-woven fabric
- DENIM – Our speciality fabric in various weave and indigo combinations
- RECYCLED – Fabric woven from reclaimed cotton fabric
Our case study has shown that for most handloom weavers in Chennimalai, the first priority is survival and finding respectable work all year round. In this village, there is no lack of skill and technical expertise. At Five P Venture we are confident that a proactive approach to develop new strategies based on design must clearly guide the weavers to a path that will ensure security and stability.